We have been a long-standing supply partner for a UK based polyester manufacturing and processing facility.
Due to the nature of the processing operation, the gear pumping system required specialist cleaning during line shut-downs. This was labour-intensive with significant time spent manually stripping the gear pumping systems before manually cleaning individual components. The Client approached us to investigate and formulate an effective solution.
- Understanding the complexities of the client’s complex process system and the parts involved as this was a new type of polymer
- Developing a suitable process in collaboration with the client, which would provide a similar level of service found in-house but with reduced turn-around time and within budget
- Close liaison with the Client’s Process Engineers to fully understand the requirements of the Gear Pumping System
- We worked with the manufacturers and OEMs to understand the technical requirements and limitations of the gear pumps
- Trial clean to determine suitability of cleaning such complex gear pumps
- Close liaison with the Client, including onsite meetings