We have been a long-standing supply partner for a global crude oil refinery. This particular project relates to a UK facility, which refines heavy high-sulphur crude oil into lighter fractions.
The process demands on the catalyst recovery filters meant that the filters would frequently become blocked as back-flushing was insufficient to return the filters to initial process conditions.
- Understanding the complexities of the client’s complex process system
- Developing a suitable process in collaboration with the client, which would ensure filters could be returned to an ‘as new’ condition
- Providing an efficient, well-priced service with suitable lead times and logistics planning
- We worked closely with the Client’s Process Engineers to investigate areas of their processes, which could lead to a more optimal efficiency run of the filtration system
- Close liaison with the Client to determine production planning schedules relating to filters coming off-line, cleaning requirements and testing for re-insertion to service
- Development of a cleaning and testing program which accounted for the client’s operational needs, filter criteria and agreeable timeframes
- Provide an ‘at-cost’ trial clean of the blocked filter elements in order to present test data from the filters’ elements to demonstrate their return to ‘as new’ condition