Aims and Responsibilities:
- All site works and data capture to be carried out without any Accidents, Occurrences or Injuries.
- No disruption to the general public all road users and the many stakeholders concerned with management of the network. Working closely with Limerick County City and Clare County Council traffic management and the independent operators of the main drainage pumping stations along with the many private stations contributing flow to the city network there help and co-operation was key to the success of the project, all traffic management planning and implication was carried out in house.
- The sewer network survey carried out by Precision was to establish the following:
- Layout condition and mapping of the sewer network; Reporting and Database Management.
- Data capture of all the below ground assets condition, degradation, deterioration and to provide robust intervention scheduling within the digital report package.; Software utilised Wincan VX, Infonet validated CCTV reports and supply of an interrogatable condition and degradation database detailing assets for intervention by timescale and priority.
- Ground topography;
- Identification of silt levels in the sewer network and need for sewer cleaning;
- Determination of performance of network pumping stations
- Confirmation of rainfall runoff from buildings, industrial areas and open spaces;
- Internal structural and operational condition of the sewer network;
- Cross connections between the foul/ combined network and the storm network;
- Recording of sewer network performance in relation to rainfall;
- Analysis and factual reporting of the results of the surveys;
- Production and updating of The Employer Irish Waters Info Net database;
- Production of factual engineering reports, digital imaging, digital pipeline CCTV/Sonar footage condition location reporting packages.
- The sewer network survey and associated services to be carried out under this contract comprised of the following: CCTV and Sonar condition assessment surveys; Sewer cleaning;
- Two large short-term Flow and Rainfall surveys of the two main agglomerations with flow depth pump, tidal, conductivity and rainfall monitors.
- Installation of a city-wide rainfall monitoring network with over 50 stations.
- Pump station asset surveys 49 stations, pressure, flow, energy consumption and Hydraulic performance testing of each station and production of our unique digital pump station report package including plan and sectional drawing package..
- Ancillary asset surveys CSO/EO/Outfalls, flow controls, storage assets
- Manhole surveys CSO and non-standard asset surveys;
- Factual reporting, the individual task reports and successful contract delivery within a tight performance measured program.
The project was delivered without Safety or Health problems, injuries or occurrences. The project was delivered on budget and on time. All project waste was re-cycled. Survey fleet was updated to low emission vehicles, survey rigs and equipment now powered by LPG.